Project Designer, Residential Construction – Employee, Full time, In office, Ridgefield CT
We are a growing residential remodeling design/build firm based in Ridgefield, CT. We’re high-end, professional and we have fun. We like working with “A” players because they’re smart and don’t have to be micromanaged. We are seeking a Project Designer to join our team who brings a passion for design and an eye for the details.
What you will do in this role:
- Visit client homes and sites to take measurements and create initial docs for residential renovation and addition projects.
- Draft all phases of the design and construction documentation process including existing conditions, plans, building sections, reflected ceiling plans, construction details, etc. (AutoCad & Sketch-up)
- Assist Design Director in the schematic and design development phase.
- Assist in making design selections for residential remodeling projects based on budget and design specifications. (Tile, plumbing & lighting fixtures, cabinets, countertops, etc)
- Research applicable building and zoning regulations.
- Obtain quotes from 3rd party vendors, create product quotes and purchase orders.
- Communicate daily with team members, structural engineer, freelance drafters and vendors as needed.
What you will bring with you:
- 5+ years of AutoCAD & Sketch-up experience.
- Degree in architecture, engineering, or interior design.
- General knowledge of residential design, construction, and building codes.
- A passion for design that balances form and function.
- An unquestionable attention to detail and the ability to step back and see the big picture.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Clear, concise, and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer tech skills: G-suite, CRM, etc. Ability to learn new programs/updates.
- The wisdom to know when is the right time to ask questions versus give opinions.
- Knowledge/Experience with AutoCad or Sketchup is a big plus, but not required.
- A desire to learn, grow and improve every day.
This is a full time employee role, Mon-Fri 8:30-5. This is in office in Ridgefield, CT. $45-$62k starting salary dependent upon experience. Medical, Dental and other benefits available.
Interested candidates that provide cover letter, resume and reference job code CPD will be considered for the next step in the hiring process.
No calls or walk-ins, please. We are an equal opportunity employer. APPLY HERE