Landscape Architect (with a love for urban design) Full time, employee, flex office/remote
We are a respected and fast-growing team of Landscape Architects, Planners and Urban Designers. Our boutique firm specializes in pedestrian-centric design of public spaces, streetscapes, greenways, mixed-use development and more. We are based in Montclair, NJ and are looking for a driven and skilled Landscape Architect that is looking for an opportunity to grow.
Our Landscape Architect will collaborate with our design team, taking on many roles throughout the process. They will meet with our public and private clients and help take projects from concept through construction. Working alongside our in-house team, the Landscape Architect will contribute to the concept, design, and execution phases of our projects.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years of Landscape Architecture experience designing mixed-use/transit-oriented development projects and/or experience with public clients designing streetscape and public spaces.
- A willingness to learn, grow and improve while working in a boutique, studio environment.
- Landscape Architecture degree or similar with appropriate experience.
- Advanced proficiency with AutoCad, Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Sketch-Up.
- The ability to advance a design concept through the design process (concept development, SD, DD, CD)
- Experience developing detailed construction documents both at-grade and on structure
- Experience with construction phase services and construction administration is a plus
- Experience with the Site Plan Approval process
- Excellent organizational skills and an unquestionable attention to detail.
- The ability to develop high level graphics to communicate design intent
- The ability to complete tasks with speed and a sense of urgency.
- Integrity, initiative, and a proven work ethic.
- A team player mentality. We don’t need a superhero with a super ego.
We offer a starting salary commensurate with experience. In addition to medical benefits we value work/life balance and offer paid time off, an extensive holiday package Birthdays off and “9/80 Summer Hours” (every other Friday off!). Flex office/remote schedule available for the right candidate. Relocation assistance available.
Candidates who submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio samples (PDF or website link) AND reference job code xxxxx will be considered for the next step in the hiring process.
No calls or walk-ins, please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. APPLY HERE.